Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What a Great Day!

So, if you are a college student (or have ever been a college student) you have to know that there has been THAT day. You know which day I'm talking about. It was either in a past semester, in your current semester, or (if you're like me) you've had THAT day every semester of your college career.

You can't ever avoid THAT day. It comes every week...whether you are prepared or not. Sometimes, if you're reallyyyy unlucky, THAT day is actually a couple of days in your week. For me this semester, that's my scenario!

THAT (actually...THOSE) days for me this semester are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesdays and Thursdays appear to be the longest days in the history of the world for me! From the time I get up at 7AM to the time I get back to my room at 7:30PM, the day is just a continuous chain of non-stop things to do! If I'm not going to class, I'm in class. If I'm not in class, I'm leaving a class. If I'm not leaving a class, I'm studying or reading for a class. .....you get the picture!

In past semesters, this day is normally the day I had a Biology or Chemistry lab. Or, like this semester, it's a day that a bunch of classes happen to be on! Whatever you situation, all of these days have one thing in common: you do not necessarily look forward to them.

Yesterday, as I was getting ready to start my Tuesday, a good friend of mine texted me this verse:

"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." -Psalm 118:24.

How true is that?! How crazy is it to DREAD a day in which the Lord has blessed you with?

We don't always look forwards to busy days. Or days we have exams. Or days we have to go to the dentist. Or the days we have to wake up super early. But, instead of looking at those days as something that we have to get through, why don't we count our blessings and look at them as days that we get to get through? We should be rejoicing in each day, because each day is nothing short of a blessing from God!

That being said, I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!...and, always remember, it is always a day to rejoice when you have a relationship with our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment