Thursday, August 22, 2013

Just Keep Going!

Well, as I've recently said, it's the start of a new school year. And, if you're like me, that normally comes with one super awesome thing: MOTIVATION! At the start of a new school year, I set goals for myself....and I make the promise that I'm going to follow through! These goals normally include how well I'm going to do in my classes, how diligently I'm going to be reading my Bible, and last (and probably least): exercising!

That's right!...it's the beginning of the school year and my walking shoes from camp have now become my running shoes! And, so far three days in, I've done awesome! (haha). However, as many of you can probably relate, that motivation is something extremely hard to hold on to!

Whenever I start running and exercising after a hiatus from it, I can always tell that God has a bit of a sense of humor. I'll be running (or some may call it slow jogging), super pumped while listening to TobyMac, and then all of the sudden, it'll happen: a parent pushing a stroller will pass me!! I'm not even joking, people! It's as though these parents are strategically waiting for me to run by so that they can laugh as they take their body (that's twice as old as mine) and push their kids around at a speed that is faster than what I am going. And let me tell you, nothing can get one more discouraged than to be reminded of how out of shape you are by a parent pushing around a 2-year-old!

Now, as you can imagine, this scenario is always super discouraging to me. I'm already sweating out of every pore of my body and my heart rate is up because it's in shock from my lack of athletics for the past couple of months....but then I have to look at the evidence around me that tells me that I am not doing as great as I think I am.

Well, when I got back this morning, I knew God was tugging on my heart to seek Him in this situation. So, what does Scripture say about motivation?

1 Corinthians 15:58 says: Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 

Whether you are studying for an exam that's coming up, working diligently for the job that you're currently at, or trying to get back into shape, I challenge you to two things: (1) don't give up and (2) do whatever you're doing for the Lord!

If we desire to seek God's best for our lives, we have to stay motivated to live the life He has called us to live! So, no matter what you're doing or how small the task at hand may seem, keep your eyes on the Lord....because when I think about how much the Lord has done for me, there's no greater motivation than to give my all for Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment