Monday, August 19, 2013

He's Always By My Side

Well, tomorrow marks the big day for me, the day that I haven't necessarily been looking forward to all summer: the first day of classes! Normally, I am one of those strange people that loves and enjoys school. However, tomorrow is going to be the start of the hardest semester that I have ever had to face. My classes aren't the easiest, and I've even looked at my schedule over and over again, wondering how on earth I am going to be able to get through all of these difficult courses!

But, like many times in life, the second that I started to waiver and show fear, God got a hold of me. As I was reading through my Bible study for today, the last "task" that I had to complete was to read through Psalm 27, and allow that to be my prayer for the day.

Psalm 27: 1-3 says: "The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom should I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers came against me to devour my flesh, my foes and my enemies stumbled and fell. Though an army deploy against me, my heart is not afraid; though war break out against me, still I am confident."

Pretty amazing, huh? Out of all scripture that my Bible study could have used today, it happened to be on fear and having confidence in the Lord! Our God is such an awesome God! I would encourage you to read that whole chapter (It's only 14 verses).

When we oftentimes think of "fears" in our lives, many of us immediately think about things such as spiders, snakes, heights, etc. However, if you're like me, the things that sometimes scare me the most are the things that I cannot avoid, and that I know that I must face. Change that comes with time scares me. Growing up scares me. Breaking out of my comfort zone scares me. And yes, difficult classes that I have to take scare me, too!

As Christians, we face the same days that all others face: we have to get up each and every day and face all that the world is going to throw at us. But- the wonderful thing is that we have the hope and peace that is beyond this world. We have the security of knowing that we have a Savior that already overcame this world and all that it has; so, when we look at it from that perspective, whom should we really fear??

No comments:

Post a Comment